Epic Armoury’s Spatha is a medium latex-hybrid sword inspired by the Roman gladius. The sword is 85 cm long and has a double-edged blade with a double fuller. The hilt, called a capulus features an intricate design indicative of an officer or dignitary. The knobbed grip is designed to provide a firm, ergonomic hold and ends with a large, spherical pommel.
Whether you are a Roman officer or a gladiator in the arena, this Spatha is one of our highest quality products due to its impressive durability and detail. The blade is made from closed cell foam around a fibreglass core and finished with a strong latex coating, while the handle is a polyurethane foam cast that allows for greater detail and no maintenance. This hybrid model sword will give you confidence in the safety and appeal of your weapon on the battlefield.
– Blade has a strong latex coating with a round fibreglass core
– Strong Kevlar core tip protection
– Blade is made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
– Handle is a polyurethane foam cast, giving it more detail with no maintenance!
– Handle is very durable, will last longer than a latex version, and is less slippery than a silicone treated alternative
– High safety, approved by the top organizations